onsdag 25. juli 2012

Walk on, Walk on.



Can I just come out and say it? I don’t like Andy Carroll. Not one tiny bit. Never had and let’s face it, I never will. When we signed him, I most certainly did not drop everything I had in my hands to celebrate in pure ecstasy. Unless you count hitting your head against the table as celebrating, of course.

And now? Well, I am still not celebrating. Though I might if the rumors are true and that we are either selling him or sending him out on loan. Why? Because it is painfully clear that he does not fit in to our club. He cannot play in our system; is simply unable to adapt. The only matches I remember him being active and alive in, were the ones in which Gerrard played, and for me, this is not good enough. Not with Gerrard’s current string of bad luck (really, that man should just change his middle name from George to ‘Groin-Injury’ at this point- Steven ‘Groin-Injury’ Gerrard has a nice ring to it, too). We need a striker who can actually provide us with goals, as was all too obvious last season. And we need someone who works his ass off to try and give them to us. From Carroll I do not see this effort being made on the pitch. Usually, I see him standing in front of the opponents’ six yard box, standing like an ungroomed caveman (sorry for the personal attack on the man’s appearance, but this too, had to be said), with no clue what so ever to how to produce anything from the balls which are passed to him from the midfield. Really, where is our feared striker?
To me, selling him, or sending him out on loan, sound like a brilliant idea. But perhaps this is just me? It does certainly feel like it most of the time. 

But, while we are on the topic of strikers, I am very much excited about our new signing from Italy! I am no expert in Italian football (I prefer La Liga to Series A, but hush, don’t tell anyone), but from what I have seen, and from what I have read, Fabio Borini does seem like the man cut out for the job- yes, that was a lame reference to his knife-celebrations. He is young and fresh, and seems awfully hungry for glory and goals. I cannot wait to see him in action for us, and I wish him the best of luck! Maybe he is able to succeed where Carroll could not?

Other than this, we have not really seemed to be signing anyone, though it seems like this for most teams, I feel, this year. There are rumors about Welcott coming in (will there actually be any players left at Arsenal when the season starts?). Rumors about both Skrtel and Agger leaving us… Can I just point out how terrible this would be for our club? Why are we not making sure that they both stay, I do not understand. They have time and time again saved us, and they are our best defenders. They both even scored some cheeky goals last season. Letting them leave would be two very big mistakes, and I am for one, am pretty tired of those.  Especially if one of those mistakes involves selling a player to Real Madrid.

But summer is not over yet, and who knows which surprises might show up?

All I know is that we might have a long road ahead of us, if we want to achieve the glory we want, but in the end we will get there, we just need to find the right path and the right players to take us there.
So I say good luck to our new players and our new manager. Here’s to a new season and to at least making it to Europe!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar