lørdag 10. desember 2011

Day 04- A song that makes you cry.

Right, I don't have just one song, but I have three... because they all sort of fit together with this story that i read once. One of my favourites in all the world. Sometimes just thinking about that fic makes me cry, and I'm being totally serious. It just broke my heart in to pieces, and that is why I love it with all my heart. Seriously, just looking through it now, almost makes me feel sick. if you want to read it, you can find it here. i'd recommend it. you'll get a peak into my favourite fandom and my otp! jajajajaja!
Okay, so here they are:

Run - Snow Patrol

to think i might not see those eyes
makes it so hard not to cry
and as we say our long goodbye
i nearly do


Signs - Bloc Party (you should have guessed!)

I could sleep forever these days because in my dreams I see you again
But this time fleshed out fuller face in your confirmation dress
It was so like you to visit me to let me know you were ok
It was so like you visit me, always worrying about someone else

Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World

and if you were with me tonight,
i’d sing to you just one more time.
a song for a heart so big,
god wouldn’t let it live.

I just read it again now... I thought I wasn't going to cry this time, but here i am; tears rolling down my cheeks and a runny nose. The last part of it always gets to me. Always. Maybe its just me, maybe my imagination is just too active, but to me, she has written this so perfectly that i just feel everything as if i was the one who lost someone, you know? I can't really explain it to be honest. I just... it just makes me feel so much. You can just identify with Fernando... or at least I can. You know that feeling when something is just so horrible and so sad and your chest feels so so tight that you can't breathe and all you want to do is throw up? that's how it makes me feel.

But yeah, these three songs have a tendency of making me really emotional, but not only because of this fic, but just in general. They are all rather sad. i have never really been a huge fan of Snow Patrol, I'm still not to be honest, but this song, in the quiet hours of the night can move me to tears. again, with my imagination... i just imagine the situation, and put my self in it, and as i'm listening to that song, it is happening to me... i don't know how to explain in another way.
This fic is the reason i started listening to Bloc Party, actually. I heard Signs, but I didn't actually like it the first time, because i couldn't hear the lyric properly, but now, as you might now, it is one of my all time favourite songs. I simply don't understand how people cannot like this song. it is impossibly beautiful, and utterly sad. And i, of course, love Bloc Party. they have really meaningful lyric in general, which is my cup of tea. i wish they would have a reunion!
Here You Me is incredibly sad. Like Signs, it was written for a friend who died, I believe (but i'm not 100% sure so you know), and that makes it really powerful.

They are all perfect funeral songs really... and they are all my favourite songs... i'm not sure what that actually says about me... a bit worrying!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar